Plans are always subject to change. Aren’t they? I know this to be true because so far I’ve planned three different trips for this Summer, none of which will be happening!
Last week our toddler came down with a wicked tummy bug. He was over it after about four days. I thought he had managed not to spread it. (Can we spell S-T-O-O-P-I-D?) Yesterday our four year old came down with it. And this is one potent bug. It is only a matter of time before the rest of the boys get it… and well, the thought of being in a car for four days straight with vomit and… other… umm… stuff… is not a picture I want to even imagine, let alone experience!
We decided that we may have to at least delay our trip to Arkansas. Called my in-laws and they agreed that it was probably not the best timing as my MIL is still very weak and is worried that she won’t have enough energy to be able to enjoy the boys.
So as of now we are not going. I don’t know exactly what is next. I’ve planned and canceled and planned and canceled and switched and altered reservations and routes so many times that my mind is spinning from it all and I simply cannot comprehend doing it all again. I don’t know how The Pastor would recruit replacement preachers for all different dates again either.
The Darling Pastor is offering to just send me and my “baby” to California for a much needed escape and I have a good mind to take him up on his offer. My sister is due to have her third baby in the next few weeks and I would be more than thrilled to be able to go and be there with her.
So if I suddenly report in from California, don’t be surprised. But really… I have no idea what is happening now. I’m just rolling with it. What else can a person do?